Monday 7 October 2013

Bringing Open House Home With Shadow Puppet

So Open House was this past Thursday and the turnout was great! Students brought their parents, siblings, grandparents and neighbours to visit the class, meet the teacher, and explore the school.

We talked as a class the days before in the attempt to ensure as many students would be excited to bring in their families as possible. In one of these discussions there was one little tug on my sleeve the day before telling me that her mom couldn't make it to Open house.  She had to work, so would it be ok if she came tonight instead? 

Now as keen as I may be, I wasn't able to stay that evening as well, so we had a dilemma. My student really wanted to show her mom around, and talk about all of the activities that she had created, but the timing wasn't going to work. I didn't want her to miss out on the opportunity to show off all of her hard work.

Enter ShadowPuppet. 

This has to be the easiest app to use. I gave my phone to my extremely trustworthy student who took pictures of the work she wanted to show. Then with a 30 second lesson, she spoke about each piece of work, recording her voice as she flipped through the pictures. The result? A personal portfolio with student commentary that I was able to e-mail to her mother! Amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment